Cappex is a growing successful, small company with a great mission----to help and connect students and colleges----6 million + high school students have used Cappex and we have more than 650 college clients! Cappex was named as one of the Top 100 Digital companies in Chicago by BuiltInChicago.org. We're located in downtown Chicago, and have all the perks you'd think of at your typical start up:
An opportunity to have a voice and an important impact in the company's success;
A chance to work in a fun, energetic culture with passionate and dedicated co-workers;
Free snacks and pop, and the option to wear jeans, flip flops and shorts to the office every day; and
Tremendous room for personal and career growth!
The Role: As an Associate Product Manager at Cappex, you will assume ownership for and manage new products and enhancements of existing products. You will take these initiatives through the entire software development lifecycle process from objectives and goals, to stakeholder interviews, to requirements definition, all the way through to implementation.
Our product development team collaborates closely with a superb development team to create the best solutions possible for students and colleges. We develop our products based on discovery discussions, user story sessions, estimate assignments and heavy collaboration with business stakeholders, UX specialists, designers, and developers.
We pride ourselves in providing personally relevant information for students and colleges that make a difference. Key responsibilities include:
• You will be the companywide expert, SME, evangelizer and advocate for the customers and functionality of your products.
• Create and drive the overall vision for a product line from both a customer and business perspective, positioning Cappex as a clear leader in its space.
• Become an expert of product offerings in our market space by evaluating the market landscape, identifying opportunities, alternatives or constraints to create an optimal product development strategy.
• Break down requirements and specifications into stories or features designed to facilitate clear understanding and provide concise and accurate direction for our UX, design, development, and QA teams.
• Participate in our agile development environment by working with Program Management and attending our ongoing sprint planning meetings, such as daily Standups, Estimation, and Prioritization
• Define and maintain product KPIs, and use them to measure/report progress and project success/failure. Requirements:
• 2 - 5 years in product management
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Strong attention to detail and passion to get the product right
• Experience working with a team of Visual Designers and UX specialists preferred
• Understanding and excellent ability of translating stakeholder requirements into developer and QA consumable stories
• Prior work with web delivered products a big plus
• Must show ability to be a leader to all parties involved in the product lifecycle
• Must be able to manage priorities against needs of product customers, internal customers and internal stakeholders
• Strong stakeholder management skills a must
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to leverage intuition into measurable decisions/actions
• Experience working in a product management capacity within an Agile development environment
• Experience with Omniture or JIRA a big plus
To Apply: All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
Note: Cappex is not currently working with any placement firms for this position. Please apply directly even if the firm tells you, "they know someone at Cappex" (or something similar).
Cappex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - minority/female/disabled/veterans
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.