Together, we create design solutions to the greatest challenges facing our clients and society. Cannon Design is ranked among the leading international firms in planning and design and in delivering success for our clients in the areas of health, education, corporate and government markets. The firm employs a staff of over 1,000, delivering services across our network of offices throughout North America and in China and India. Our culture of innovation places strong emphasis on collaboration, mutual support, personal growth, productivity and accountability, offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities in a dynamic, high-performance team environment.
Cannon Design has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer based in our Boston office.
This position will support leadership and growth within the engineering group. You will mentor junior staff and be responsible for quality control. The successful candidate will have involvement in a variety of building projects with duties including lighting, power, and communication systems design as well as developing reports, specifications and other documentation. Projects include educational, healthcare, research laboratories, and sports/recreation facilities.
Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years related experience. Outstanding oral and written communication, organizational, leadership, interpersonal and technical skills are essential.Related BS degree is required and PE is beneficial; LEED Accreditation preferred.
Revit training preferred. Revit or other BIM project experience preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
· Establishes professional credibility with clients, becoming a trusted advisor and one that is turned to for important client issues
· Understanding of applicable design codes and standards including NFPA, NEC, IBC and FGI
· Manage multiple projects from concept stage through construction in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines, assisting with quality control measures and interdisciplinary coordination.
· High level of motivation, energy and the ability to be self-directed
· Promotes effective teamwork and creates an environment of enthusiasm, fun, learning and commitment to each other, project teams and company
Qualified candidates should upload resumes and portfolio materials through our career portal located at www.cannondesign.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.