Residential and Student Service Programs, a cluster of Undergraduate Affairs includes the following units:
• Associate Vice Chancellor’s Office
• Early Childhood Education Programs
• Housing & Dining Services
• Human Resources
• Information Technologies
• Office of Student Development
Our mission is to provide the highest quality services and programs that ease a student's transition through the University and in the greater community, and to provide all our customers-- students, faculty, staff and guests--with a quality customer experience.
We are looking for a full time, permanent Collections Analyst to join the Budget & Finance team.This role involves the processing and servicing of a variety of operational, and financial transactions and services. Includes cashiering, accounts receivable, collections, data collection and data entry, analysis, review and control, customer servicing, and reporting.This position is critical to ensure appropriate cash handling supervision and cash deposits at ticketed athletic events where Cal Dining provides concessions where food and beverage is sold.
• Apply professional financial and accounting concepts (i.e. cash handling, accounts receivables, collections and billing) to independently perform analyses of moderately complex financial services
• May direct the work of cash handling staff at off-site venues
• Assume responsibility for quality of work, ensuring University cash handling policy is followed
• Review, process and approve standardized financial data and transactions
• Participate in audits of internal records and processes and prepare recommendations for changes as needed
• Document processes and procedures for financial activities for offsite venues and for collections
• Prepare and summarize information and reports relative to new services
• Conduct or assist with researching, developing and implementing new and changing business processes
• Assess and recommend changes to maintain compliance with federal and state requirements and internal financial/audit policies
• Evaluate cash handling at off-site venues and recommends improvements
• Responsible for coordination of delinquency collections within RSSP
• Function as a resource to support staff on issues such as researching complex financial discrepancies, escalated customer service problems
• May act as team leader for support staff. Train staff and create effective teamwork environment.
• Experience in cash handling.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Ability to quickly respond to changing situations and communicate changes to others concisely and promptly.
• Mathematical abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Detail oriented, accurate, and able to handle competing deadlines and multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to solve problems.
• Organizational skills; ability to establish priorities and work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of financial processes, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems
• Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications
• Ability to research various topics, produce and organize reports to summarize findings, communicating the information clearly and effectively
• Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays
• Experience in cash handling in high volume venues.
• Experience in working in athletic venue .
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.