Ready to grow your dream career while making others’ vacation dreams come true? Join us at Marriott Vacations Worldwide, and you can make it happen.For over 25 years, we’ve been the world’s premier organization for Vacation Ownership, with resorts at sought-after destinations around the globe. If you’re seeking a rewarding career with talented coworkers who support you in reaching your goals, consider becoming part of our team.
At Marriott Vacations Worldwide we’ll provide you with the tools and rewards you need to meet every challenge. Join us and experience our commitment to excellence, while redefining your future.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporate Office - Lakeland is currently accepting applications for:
MORTGAGE BANK ACCOUNTING MANAGER
CLS Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process. Responsible for selection, supervision and development of staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Specific Job Summary
Supervision of up to four associates responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, accounts payable, journal entry processing, and contract closing related processes. Participation in new system implementations to ensure strong internal control and appropriate accounting flow. Provide technical and analytical support to Mortgage Bank managers and Finance and Accounting Senior Leadership. Assist in development of policies and procedures for the Mortgage Bank including review of current processes, recommendations for improvement, and documentation of processes with related accounting flows.
CLS Generic Expected Contributions
§ Contributes to team, department and/or business results by performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
Works to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- coaching own team to collaborate with others.
- using appropriate Marriott interviewing tools to hire the best people available from inside or outside.
- establishing goals and delegating tasks appropriately.
- providing timely coaching and feedback
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- engaging in progressive disciplinary processes, when appropriate.
§ Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
§ Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
· Supervision of up to four associates responsible for daily cash and notes receivable reconciliations, general ledger account reconciliations, preparation and closing journal entries, maintenance fee accounting, buyback accounting, accounts payable processing, escrow processing, resale/repurchase accounting and input of journal entries into Peoplesoft.
· Assist in development of formal policies and procedures for the Mortgage Bank including review of current processes and documentation of processes with related accounting flows. Ensure implementation of strong internal controls in light of Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
· Focus on process improvement of current processes to ensure work is being done in the most efficient and effective manner; automating processes where possible. Continue to investigate centralization of duties where leveraging technology and economy of scale make opportunities appropriate.
· Actively participate in system implementations to ensure strong internal control and appropriate accounting flow.
· Provides technical and analytical support to Mortgage Bank managers and Finance and Accounting Senior Leadership.
· Ensures that all records are maintained in a format that will facilitate an efficient review by management for both internal and external auditors.
· Assist in the preparation of general ledger reconciliations as needed, analyzing query results to facilitate account analysis and researching complex accounting issues. Ensure compliance with P-66.
· Research of reconciling items, requiring understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, knowledge of accounting and reporting systems, and interaction with various departments. Preparation of correcting entries.
· Assist with the implementation of new accounting guidance and research accounting issues associated with new product structures and offering.
· Responsible for selection, supervision and development of staff in accordance with MVW policies and procedures.
· Special projects as requested.
· Act as backup for the Senior Manager, Mortgage Bank Accounting Services.
CLS Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge and experience in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources) and associate management. College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 5 years experience in Accounting with demonstrated supervisory skills.
· Ability to work under pressure in deadline orientated environment while managing multiple tasks and staff associates.
· Strong knowledge of Excel and Peoplesoft.
· Superior communication skills, including the ability to effectively report to senior management in a verbal and written format.
· Ability to work independently.
· Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
This position will be located in Lakeland, FL
For all positions apply online at http://careers.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/job-openings
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.